American Heart Association eCards
Congratulations on completing your AHA course. One last step will make it official—claiming your eCard. As a reminder, only you can claim your eCard at this time; it cannot be claimed by someone on your behalf.
To Access Your eCard:
- You will receive an email from eCards@heart.org with a link inviting you to claim your eCard online. If you do not receive this email, please check your Spam or Junk folders prior to alerting your Training Center or Instructor.
- The link within the email will direct you to the Student Profile webpage, which will be prepopulated with your first name, last name, email address, eCard code, AHA Instructor name, and Training Center information. Adding your phone number is optional.
- Once you have confirmed that your information is accurate, you will set up a security question and answer to access your eCard(s) in the future.
- After setting up your security question and answer, accept the terms and conditions of the site and click “Submit.”
- You will be directed to fill out a brief survey about the AHA course you just completed. Your answers to these questions will help improve the quality of future AHA trainings.
- After you complete the survey, your eCard will be displayed. You will have 3 options to view or print it:
- Save as PDF: Upon choosing your preferred size to view, you can save your eCard to your computer for future use.
- QR Code: For students with a QR code reader, you can access your eCard on a mobile device as needed.
- Printing: Your eCard can be viewed as a PDF and can be printed either wallet size (2.5” x 3.5”) to be cut out or full size (8.5” x 11”) for easy filing.
Please note that if you do not claim your eCard, you will not be able to show proof of course completion to your employer. If your employer requires proof of completion, you can email them a copy from the eCard landing page.
After you have accessed your eCard, you will receive an email from the AHA confirming that your eCard has been claimed. You should save this confirmation email for your records.
You can view your eCard online through the AHA’s website, www.heart.org/cpr/mycards, at any time. Simply enter your first and last name and email address, or the eCard code found on your eCard.
Your employer can verify your eCard at www.heart.org/cpr/mycards to confirm issuance by a valid Training Center and Instructor aligned with that Training Center. Employers are only able to verify your card if you have completed steps the steps above.