|This Water Safety certification class teaches how to recognize, prevent and respond to emergencies in, on or around the water.
- Describe risks associated with an aquatic environment or activities, such as drowning or head, neck and spinal injuries.
- Describe how to prevent, recognize and respond to emergencies in, on and around water.
- Recognize the importance of water safety training.
- Describe appropriate safety practices and rules that should be in place and enforced at home pools.
- Explain steps to take to remain safe in aquatic environments, including oceans, lakes, rivers and waterparks.
- Learn how to perform reaching, throwing or wading assists.
- Describe steps for preventing overexposure to the sun.
- Describe how to prevent recreational water illnesses (RWIs).